I get many (mostly stupid) ideas I wish i had the time to pursue. Ideas I like but find unlikely to pursue are listed here.
Please let me know if there’s any idea you find particularly interesting so I can gauge interest, or even better, pursue the idea yourself!
- Apple news isn’t great, neither is Blendle. Who wants to click a link on twitter, face a paywall, then open up their news aggregator app and find the article there? The right solution is more like a subscription-based browser extension that removes paywalls from the websites the subscription covers.
- Pocket (maybe for your backpack) co2 monitor that sends alert to your phone if co2 levels reach point of decreased intelligence.
- Update: I’m now building this! Apparently you can buy lose carbon monitors on amazon for like no money, so I bought one and will connect it to a raspberry pi-4. I am in the process of programming the module that connects the pi to my phone to send discrete co2 notifications.
- First prototype is working, but much too big! Next prototype should bring the size down to a matchbox that can be clipped to a backpack.
- Calibration games are something I’d ideally like to spend more time on as I’m embarrassingly bad at predictions. A calibration game controlled by your voice to be played while driving, seems like a good way to fit it into your schedule, provided it doesn’t significantly increase your chance of a traffic accident.
- Turns out metaculus is really fun, the app should probably be built on top of this.
- Turns out pure audio is a terrible user interface, I’ll stick to audiobooks.